Helping You Get Better
Fayette Home Care and Hospice's staff of physical therapists, speech pathologists, and occupational therapists provides comprehensive rehabilitation services. The goal of these services is to restore an individual to the highest level of functioning and optimum independence after an illness or injury. We take a team approach to rehabilitative care, drawing upon the input of families, significant others, community resources and other healthcare professionals to ensure effective and efficient recovery.
Our licensed physical therapists provide a range of services aimed at restoring the patient to an optimum level of physical activity. Those services include:
- Evaluating the level of movement present in such activities as walking, rising from bed, and getting up from a seated position
- Developing and executing a therapeutic program to decrease pain and improve motion, strength, balance and coordination
- Instructing patient, family and caregivers in the goals and methods
To improve communication abilities or manage swallowing problems, a licensed speech pathologist provides the following services:
- Evaluating speech, language and swallowing problems
- Developing and carrying out an individualized care plan
- Instructing patient, family and caregiver in methods for improving communications skills
A licensed occupational therapist or therapy assistant provides an array of services aimed at optimizing the physical skills required for daily living, including:
- Evaluating the skill levels entailed in such activities as dressing, bathing, and feeding
- Developing and executing a therapy program to maximize those skills, and to instruct patients and family members in sustaining and improving function in the home
- Instructing patients and family in the use of medical equipment designed to facilitate home functioning
© Copyright 2014, UPMC Visiting Nurses.